External Link Policy and Disclaimers
External Link Policy
Hyperlinks to a website are allowed only if the website is sponsored, supported, or partnered by the U.S. Department of State; is educational in nature; or is another Government website, including those sites sponsored by State or local governments.
The U.S. Department of State will not allow any hyperlinks to any websites that advocate hate, bias, or discrimination, or which contain information or hyperlinks associated with partisan political activity.
Links may be made to our website from personal and organizational web pages. We request that you link to our site rather than downloading portions of it to another web server, so that viewers will see the most up-to-date information.
The www.pepfar.gov website serves as the State Department Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator's portal of information about the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). It is managed by the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and the Office of Electronic Information, Bureau of Public Affairs. Phone: 202-663-2708.
Every effort has been made to provide accurate and complete information. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be no errors. Neither the U.S. Government nor the State Department assumes any legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, or process disclosed herein, or represents that use of such information, product, or process would not infringe on privately owned rights.
Questions and Hardcopy Requests
If you would like verification or a hard copy of information released on State Department websites or if you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please contact the public information staff in the Bureau of Public Affairs.
Public Communication Division
PA/PL, Room 2206
U.S. Department of State
Washington, DC 20520
Phone: (202) 647-6575
Information Quality Guidelines
We collect and temporarily store certain information about your visit for use in site management and security purposes only. We collect and analyze this information because it helps us to better design our website to suit your needs. We may also automatically collect information about the web content you view in the event of a known security or virus threat. This information includes:
- The Internet domain from which you access our website (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from an educational domain);
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique number for each computer connected to the Internet) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) used to access our site;
- The operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac OS, Unix) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The Universal Resource Locators (URLs), or addresses, of the pages you visit;
- Your username, if it was used to log in to the website; and
- If you visited this website from another website, the URL of the forwarding site.