Congressional Budget Justification Supplements
Each year, the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) publishes the PEPFAR Supplement to the Fiscal Year Congressional Budget Justification for Foreign Operations (CBJ). This document provides a thorough account of the program’s work to save lives through support of effective country-led responses to the global HIV/AIDS epidemic. The supplement provides justification for and more information about the HIV/AIDS programs that are funded through PEPFAR each fiscal year.
The CBJ Supplement includes the following:
- A narrative for each country that develops a Country Operation Plan (COP) describing what will be accomplished with the requested budget
- The PEPFAR budget broken out by appropriation, implementing agency, and country
- Detailed budget allocation across all budget codes for prevention, treatment and care activity by country from all available approved COP data. Program area estimates for the Supplement’s fiscal year are also provided.
- An overview of headquarters technical oversight and management costs.
- Links to the CBJ Supplements for each Fiscal Year are provided below. Fiscal Year 2013 was the first year PEPFAR submitted a CBJ Supplement.
- Fiscal Year 2018
- Fiscal Year 2017
- Fiscal Year 2016
- Fiscal Year 2015
- Fiscal Year 2014
- Fiscal Year 2013